Facebook 101: How to Make it Work for Your Business
Many business owners understand how important it is to have a Facebook page and what it means to their company. However, some business owners have overlooked how important a Facebook page is meaning they are missing out on:
- Being Discovered - a Facebook page makes it easier for people to find your business.
- Getting Connected - you’ll be able to have conversations with your customers. Furthermore, your customers can share your information and visit your page for important updates.
- Timely Information - Facebook pages reach a larger targeted audience. Therefore, it makes it easier for you to supply your customers with timely information.
- Customer Insight - With Facebook “Page Insights” it makes it easy to determine your targeted audience.
Facebook gives the business owner an opportunity to request a web address for their business page. This address helps your clients find your Facebook page easier. You can maximize your outreach by adding your Facebook page web address to your website, blog site, emails, and business cards.
Identifying Your Audience
Before setting up your company’s new Facebook page you need to identify your audience. This helps you reach a larger targeted audience. To help determine your targeted audience, answer these questions first:
- What does my customers share or have in common?
- What is the age of my customers?
- Where do most of my customers live?
- How can I help my customers?
- Do I need more than one Facebook page for my customers?
- What would my customers be interested in reading?
- Would my customers want information on a sale item or timely offer?
How to Build Your Audience
After your new Facebook page is completed, it’s time to reach out to your customers. Encourage your visitors to like your new page. This ensures that they receive updates in their newsfeed. Furthermore, you can use the Facebook Build Audience button to help you reach more people. Afterwards, you need to promote your new Facebook page:
- Invite your family and friends to your new Facebook page. Ask them to help support your business by asking their friends to visit and like your new page.
- It’s important for you to like your own page. This shows support for your business and others will share in your enthusiasm.
- Invite all your business associates, employees, and contacts to visit your new Facebook page.
Having a Facebook business page is important for your company. However, before you create your new business page it is important to identify your targeted audience. Once your page is available you need to promote your page. Ask your friends, family, employees, and business contacts to view your new page on Facebook. It is important to remember that having a business page isn’t about the likes, but about connecting with your customers.
About Ann Johnston
Ann enjoys writing, reading, gardening, fishing and the great outdoors. Her job has allowed her to travel and live in different countries. She enjoys studying and learning about different cultures.