How Can SMBs Benefit from the Cloud?
There are many reasons why small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) should migrate to the cloud. SMBs have a greater opportunity to grow their business and save money on maintaining on-premises servers. Furthermore, when your business grows, there’s no need to buy more storage space or invest in new software licenses. A SaaS provider can help you with all your business’s software needs. All SMBs can benefit from cloud-based services. Here’s a few ways your company can benefit when you migrate to the cloud.
- Choosing cloud-based options will save you money.
- Desktop cloud services allow your company to add new users to your service plan.
- You can easily scale your data storage needs. As your company grows, it’s easy to expand your cloud-base storage.
- Your company saves money on purchasing and maintaining on-premises servers.
- A managed cloud service allows you to save money on your IT staff. You’ll no longer need to employ as many IT personnel to handle your data needs.
- A Cloud Service Provider (CSPs) handles all your expensive security infrastructures needs. Therefore, your company’s IT staff no longer has to maintain and manage your security layer.
- CSP encrypts your data, performs data backups, monitors your network, handles intrusion detection, and performs hardware and software updates.
- CSP handles your disaster recovery plan for your business.
- Your data’s stored in the cloud. This gives you easy access to your data from any location.
- Cloud providers handle all forms of data redundancy. Your company no longer has to worry about your data. Furthermore, your data is always available.
- You’ll no longer have to worry about deleted files, restoring on-premises servers, or backing up your files.
- Cloud providers help your company comply with PCI, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other standards.
- Cloud-based services provide your company with up-to-date applications and features that address new regulatory standards.
- Migration to the cloud will help provide your company’s employees with flexibility when working out of the office.
- SaaS providers offer your company a multitude of software packages that are easily scalable to your needs.
- Your company profits from the different software option available. You can easily take advantage of billing, CRM, and help desk software packages to improve your customer service.
Currently cloud adoption and migration is increasing among SMBs. However, this isn’t a constant mainstream for all SMBs. Many SMBs currently use cloud-based application for their employee’s everyday tasks. These companies have selected a few cloud-based solutions to assist in the growth of their company. Unfortunately, many of these companies don’t have a full-time IT staff to help make the migration process less complicated. Therefore, they select options that a non-expert can easily use and setup. However, as cloud solutions become easier and focus on SMBs more companies will see the benefits of migrating to the cloud.
About Awan Cheyanne
Awan is a technical engineer, freelance blogger and hobbyist.